This tiny gift box Christmas ornament is pretty adorable and is a quick little something to whip up for the tree. You don’t have to use it as an ornament, in fact you can use this decorated box to hold a special pair of earrings for your BFF.
I have to say, wrapping gifts is not high on my “I can’t wait to do this,” list. I’ve advanced to that stage in life where dropping a gift into a decorative bag, stuffing tissue paper on top and, and pouring another glass of wine is highly preferable to the paper, scissors, tape method. You, too? (If not, you should really try it.)
Here’s what you’ll need to make this gift box ornament
- Small plain box of your choosing
- Small scrap of decorative paper
- Craft scissors with a decorative edge
- Scotch brand quick dry adhesive
- Yarn or thread used to hang finished ornament
- Any decorative embellishments you want to add
Step by step instructions
- To start with, I traced the outside of the gift box cover onto a small scrap of decorative paper using a pencil.
- I cut along the inside of the pencil lines with craft scissors.
- I used a little quick dry adhesive to attach the paper to the top of the gift box.
- After letting it dry for a full glass of wine, I put a thin line of adhesive along the side edge of the gift box cover and adhered a festive ribbon along all four sides and let it dry through another glass of wine. (See how much fun this making ornament gig can be?)
- I attached a poinsettia flower embelishment
- Lastly, I knotted a length of embroidery thread and sandwiched it between the box top and bottom. The knot is enough to keep the thread from slipping through.
That’s it, you’re done! Rinse and repeat as desired;-)